Linux and EMC2 Installation and Configuration Guide
Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC2)
From the LinuxCNC.Org website:
Because EMC is a global project (with users and developers around the world), there are various places that contain documentation of the EMC project.
- The Download page for EMC
- HTML Documentation for the current release (best for online viewing)
- All documentation in ( html )
- PDF Documentation for the current release (best for offline viewing):
- Getting Started Guide - a short guide for getting and installing EMC2. ( pdf )
- User Manual - an extensive document about using EMC2. ( pdf )
- Integrators Manual - a more advanced document for machine builders. ( pdf )
- HAL Manual - documentation for the realtime hardware abstraction layer ( pdf )
- Component and command reference ( pdf )
- Community maintained wiki with lots of information and examples.
- Lots of tips in the Frequently Asked Questions area
- Various Technical Articles describe EMC internals & usage
- Documentation for the unreleased development version is available here.