Borud's Zen Toolworks Machine
- Machine has been assembled
- Ordered a 24V 12.A power supply
- Probably want a separate supply for the spindle
- Need to figure out how to control the spindle
- Need to prep a machine and install EMC2
- In order to test the stepper motor drivers I wrote a simple Arduino sketch to just generate pulses and direction signals. You can find the source for it and a description on the Arduino Stepper Test Program page.
- My initial EMC2 settings are available on Borud's EMC2 Config notes.
Here are some blog postings related to my efforts to build a CNC machine. The blog is a testament to how my assumptions on how to solve various problems changes over time -- informed by the good folk on the Zen Toolworks Google Group and others. :-)
- Axis Test
- Some thoughts on interfacing with EMC2
- CNC Build
- The parts have arrived!
- EasyDriver 4.2 and Stepper
- One small step for man
Some pictures from the assembly
Here are some images from my assembly of the machine. The guy in the pictures is my friend Ståle who helped me assemble the machine. There is a blog entry about the build itself on my blog.